Pivot Lad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pivot Lad

A forum dedicated to pivot and art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

-_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
-_Cyan_-
Admin
-_Cyan_-

-_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Empty
PostSubject: -_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)   -_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Hey everyone, today ill tell you how to make some nice signitures in GIMP.
First, lets start with a simple userbar.
1. Open up a new file, 450x19.
-_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Usertut1
2. Select the gradient tool, and choose any two colours. Today ill be choosing black and blue. Than simply drag it from one end to another, click the ctrl button on your keyboard, and release.
-_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Usertut2
3. Than, if you havent alread got one, make a scanline brush. Do that by opening a new file, make the backround transparent, and click with a black brush in the top right corner(With a one pxl brush), than in the bottom left, than the very middle, than the top left, and than the bottom right. Save it into Local disc>Program files>Gimp 2.0>Share>gimp>2.0>brushes. Than exit GIMP and open it, and you should have that brush.
4. Make a new layer, and fill it with the scanline brush, with the opacity at about 40.
-_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Usertut3
5. Okay! Now if you want to add an image, open the image, make the backround transparent, copy it onto the userbar, and you might have to scale it. In my example, i am not using an image, so boohoo, stfu.
6. Use Visitor TT1 BRK font in white at the size of 10 and than type what you want to. THan click the button, PATH FROM TEXT.
7. Than make a new layer, than go to Select>From path. THan move that layer below the text layer, and fill it with black.
8.Than make a new layer. Click edit>Stroke selection. Make your foreground clour black, than make the stroke selection by one pixel.
9. Click the circle tool, and make half of it go over the userbar.
10. Fill it with white. Set the opacity to 40%.
Here, your done! Heres the outcome:
-_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) My.php?image=userfinishup9
Now youve got your own userbar.
Soon to be a section on other sigs.
Back to top Go down
Pinky
Admin
Pinky

PostSubject: Re: -_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)   -_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Nice tutorial, When and if the site grows, I will make a masterlist for this Smile This will be on there, I will be sure to try. The bottom link doesn't work.
EDIT: Re upload it, It says it isn't there. Just links me to imageshack
Back to top Go down
https://pivotlad.darkbb.com
-_Cyan_-
Admin
-_Cyan_-

PostSubject: Re: -_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)   -_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Lol i know, ill work on it lata.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)   -_Cyan_-'s  ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-_Cyan_-'s ultimate signiture tutorial(not finished yet)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pivot Lad :: Artistic Centre :: Art Chat-
Jump to: